Pages

Wednesday, 27 April 2011

I see no sleep in my future

Yesterday I got an email from a job I applied for, they want me to do a telephone interview with them on May 3rd. I'm nervous, especially as the last graduate scheme I set my heart on didn't happen, but it was so nice to get a chance to progress with this. It's an Assistant Director role in an after school school that gives extra English and Maths tutoring. I actually had to check out the company online to make sure it wasn't a scam because it sounded so perfectly tailored to my past experience with my teaching and retail work. If I get through the phone interview it will be on to the assessment day, then (if I'm lucky) a job. The good news is that their turnaround for giving applicant any answers is about 3 days, as oppose to the weeks I waited for the result of the last one.

The rest of my family is away in Florida for a holiday, having the house to myself is such a relief! I did some baking today as I had the kitchen at my disposal, leaving me with some truly awesome chocolate muffins:


Though (/because) they are mightily delicious I think I will have to take they to work tomorrow, otherwise I see myself devouring the batch in short order and feeling ill.

The other day I stayed up until 4am watching the entire third season of Mad Men, despite the fact that I had work at 9am. This was stupid of me. So why am I having trouble convincing myself that it's a bad idea to do the same thing tonight with season 4?

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    future of sleep

    ReplyDelete