Pages

Thursday, 12 May 2011

Grrr!

About a month and a half ago a notice was put up on our schedule board, saying that there were still places available in the trainee management programme at my work and if anyone wanted to apply then to do so via the internal Internet site. I had just been rejected for a scheme I'd applied for with another company and thought 'Hey! That could be really good', so I put my application in.

And so I waited.

Today? We've got a visit in store from trainee management participants for their assessments. Apparently, my application was unsuccessful. Nice of them to get back to me, no? I mean really, it's not hard to have one rejection email that you send out en masse if you don't want to contact people personally, but it seems out of order to not to bother letting me know either way. It was an internal vacancy so it's not like I'm going for a job I'd be completely unsuitable for, I already work for the company, so you'd think I'd at least deserve a 'no', you know? Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment on this in the wee hours of night and blogger wouldn't let me! Or early this afternoon. Grrr.

    This happened with hubby and two big tech companies who you'd think had enough money and human resource personnel to email out a "Sorry, you were not a right fit for us." Astounding. If I named these companies, you'd know one of them right off. Very big. And no response though THEY came to our city to get applications a few years ago.

    Anyway, he got graet responses from Microsoft (and nice job offer), and other big techs, but these two....nada.

    Weird.

    I think it's just simple courtesy. And it's hardly cumbersome to send out a mass "sorry, but " email.

    ReplyDelete