Pages

Friday, 17 June 2011

Drabble

What's the statute of limitations on a craving? Because I'm currently on day 5 of a major chocolate brownie/chocolate cupcake craving that's been driving me kind of crazy, and I'm going back and forth as to how damaging it would be to just eat the damn cake. Would the sugar make subsequent cravings worse? Or would satisfying the craving make things better? Welcome to my brain.

I've got the complete season 1-7 of Gilmore Girls on DVD, and decided recently to start a massive re-watch of the show (hence the sidebar). That's been great, but they are eating junk food every two seconds (damn them). I seem to be having random post-period cramps. Like, I was all finished, fine for a day, then had another day complete with all the cramps I missed before. It kind of sucks.

I have to be up for work in less than 6 hours, WHY AM I STILL UP?

4 comments:

  1. That is a hard one. When I crave something for so long and then eat it, I feel so much better. On the other hand, when I eat sugar, that does make me want to eat more!

    Yikes! Let us know what you decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I just got a package in the mail today full of toffee! Ugh! I told my husband I knew the devil delivered that because the Lord knows I am on a diet, and the devil doesn't care! lol Nicole @ www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a hard one. For me, I just fight it off as much as I can. Chocolate can still send me into a binge, so when I do eat it, I buy just ONE serving/piece and sit down at the kitchen table to eat it off a plate. The more sugar I eat, the more I crave it and the harder it is to get under control again. Vicious circle all around, and the hormonal surges are the spikes in the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you get a small piece of dark chocolate to rid yourself of the craving then call it quits? That is a long time to have the craving. Maybe the psych talk of hey you already went 5 days without it and survived, you obviously don't need it! AHHH retraining our brains with all the crossed wires about healthy eating and living. Hard work but worth it! Good luck on making the BEST decision for you

    ReplyDelete