Pages

Wednesday, 8 June 2011

I was feeling majorly hungry around midnight last night. I was already at about 1260 calories though, and I didn't want to go over, so I made myself stay in my room. It sounds silly, but if I had gone downstairs I would have mooched around the kitchen looking for something to eat, and that would have led to (in a worse case scenario) a binge, or (in a best case) going over calories. It was hard, I didn't think I was going to be able to sleep, but it calmed down after about an hour and a half. I had to distract myself (any twitter followers would have just seen my tweet: hungryhungryHUNGRYhungry) with other things to do, but I'm glad I managed it this time. It would have been depressing if I had had a blow-out this early on.

It's gone 12 and I'm still lying in bed (score one for my day off), but I've been surprisingly productive so far, having fixed a problem with my magazine subscription, bought my sister's birthday present, and spoken to my mum for my granddad's one.

Well, I suppose I should really get up. I woke to sound of rain pelting my window earlier, but it seems to have stopped now so I may go for a walk later? I haven't decided yet.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you resisted! We have to stick with this and not give up! This may be hard but it's certainly NOT the hardest thing you will have to do in your life. You WON'T regret it, keep it up, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES! Every time we deny a binge, we lessen its hold. I haven't had a binge in a year plus, and part of that was learning the "nip it in the bud" thing. Just hold on until the wild urge passes. I guess junkies/cigarette smokers who quit have to do the same...ride out the cravings. It's hard but after reading Kessler, I realized the only way to REWIRE my brain for new habits was to suffer those horrible, horrible urges until they became less horrible. :)

    Big gold star for the former teacher. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...this goes in the face of what everyone else is saying, so feel free to disagree with me!!! But Thought #1: if you were actually hungry at midnight (and not bored/lonely/whatever) does that mean you mismanaged your calories during the day? Pay attention to what makes you full at dinner...being too hungry to sleep is miserable! Thought #2: if you were truly hungry (and once in awhile I am!) would it be okay if you a couple of safe foods that you could eat? Five baby carrots have 20 calories. They are my first food I'm always allowed. Then some sugar snap peas. And--as truly a last resort--a Finn Crisp.

    ReplyDelete