Pages

Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Or...

...maybe food will help, food will help?

After my binge-like cravings started yesterday, I fought with them for a bit, blogged a little to distract myself, and then though 'eff it, I'm going downstairs and having a sandwich'. I figured at least the sandwich would fill me up and not be too bad for me (turkey and salad, using Kingsmill 50/50 bread), and then maybe I'd be satisfied enough to go to bed rather than EATING ALL THE THINGS. I was at the point where I decided if it meant going over calories than damn it, I'd have what I wanted and just go over. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it took my calories up to 1355, so I was still within my range, and was substantial enough that I could go upstairs again afterwards feeling somewhat satisfied.

I weighed myself the this morning and lo and behold, I'd lost overnight. Actually, I'd lost a little more overnight than I had the entire week.

Now, I don't want to go crazy and say 'right! that was it, I must EAT ALL THE THINGS!' because it's perfectly possible that the loss was a delayed reaction to eating strictly last week. However, my calorie range is 12-1400 and my logs show that I've mostly been on the bottom end of that (12-1250ish). I was higher yesterday, and have eaten higher today (around the 1350 mark again) to see what happens. I'm wasn't in starvation mode before or anything, I've been eating enough, but maybe 13-1400 is a better number for me, I don't know.

I'll see what the scale does the next few days. If it responds better to the slightly higher counts then that's something to consider. I don't want to freak out and change everything up for the sake on one weigh in (a weigh in that, I remember in my more sane moments, still showed a loss [however small]) when it could just of easily been a blip.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about this. I think they call it "zig-zagging." Eating in the low range for so many days, and then eating a hundred or so more calories than before. People seem to think it boosts their motabolism.

    Either way, whatever you call it, I'm glad it worked for yoU!

    ReplyDelete