Pages

Monday, 20 June 2011

STSC Results - Week 2

And the numbers are in!

Weight lost this week: 1.4kg (3lbs)
Total Challenge weight loss: 4.2kg (9.1lbs)

Looking back on this week I think thing could have gone a lot worse given that I had some bad cravings at times. The only day I'm a little disappointed at myself with is yesterday. I'd grabbed a bacon sandwich from one of the trucks as we walked around the boot sale because I was really hungry and hadn't had a chance to eat before we left. That isn't the best food, but it was delicious and the calories would have been fine because it was a combo of breakfast and lunch anyway. This was at about 11 o'clock, so far so good. But! Then we went home and dad decided to have Sunday dinner at about 2:30 because my sister had to leave to go back to Cardiff (she was visiting because of Father's Day). This leaves me with two problems because Sunday roasts are always a bit higher calorie anyway, but then there was no way I was going to last the rest of the day without eating and I had used up all my calories, so I ended up going over. This meant that instead of losing a little bit more (I was at 3.3lbs lost and was hoping I could get a little closer to 3.9, not likely I know, but being able to say 10lbs lost in 2 weeks would have been great!) I went up by a bit. Don't get me wrong, 3lbs is still a good loss, but I couldn't help but think I could have done better.

I'm hoping things will be easier over the next week as Aunt Flo has officially left the building, so I'm hoping for less cravings to deal with. My water was fine this week, and my calories were on target (bar yesterday of course). I walked to the supermarket on Thursday to get ingredients for my next batch of freezer meals, so I made my 10,000 steps goal on one of my days off, which is an unusual bonus for me. I normally exceed my steps when I'm working (5 days a week) and then don't sweat it on the two days I'm off because it all evens out.

10 comments:

  1. Nice on the weight loss. Glad you're figuring out how to make your weeks even better. It's one of those things that we just have to figure out, then once we do, there is no stopping us until we're at our goal! Make good choices this week. :-) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome loss! Great going on the 10,000 steps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a fellow Brit (although I'm actually living in TX now!) ;-)
    Well done on the weight loss, yum, I haven't had a roast dinner in years! Totally worth going over for, imo ;)
    Good luck for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey—yesterday I gave you a Stylish Blogger award. Feel free to pass it on, or to quietly bask in the glow of my appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're on your way! Good job on the loss for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the weight loss you did incredible!! Congrats to you and all of your hard work!! Nicole @colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent on the weight loss. I try to take some food with me when I am out and about-might be a good tip for you. Just pack a few items (cut up apples, granola bar, fruits, etc) to go with you. Really helps me. Good loss though. I am envious! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lose at a great rate. Man, even when I was bigger, 3 lbs a week was a rarity. Your metabolism is still in good working order! I congratulate you on the great weekly and total loss so far. This should be a breezy week without the ToM cravings. I hope you're very happy w ith the next weigh-in,t oo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard of Cardiff. It was called "Cardiff by the sea".
    I love the new Matt Smith Doctor, Jack Harkness, and Being Human. I watched Benny Hill years ago. I like Brit TV. I surf it now and then to catch up.
    Good dieting to you! Cheerio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing so well! Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete