Pages

Thursday, 4 August 2011

So...

I have a confession to make. I bought the markers. You know? The markers? The markers that were way too expensive for me, whose purchase may have been a result of watching the shopping channel at 1am and subsequently being consumed by desire for them? It just so happened that my tax refund from my Japanese pension money came through yesterday, so after putting £1300 in savings I had about £45 left.

Had I been sensible I would have just put it all into savings and not bought anything, especially as my current account is not particularly flush with cash at the moment. But then I thought 'come on, you can't worry about money all the time'. I get a mild... anxiety? when I think about money, like a little pressure in the chest, but the fact is I have very few outgoings right now (the one advantage of having to live at home). While it's important to save (I have a plan to save up enough for a little deposit on a house, I'm about half way there right now but it will take another 2 years at the rate of savings I have in mind) I'm not in trouble with money. I don't need to panic about it.

I think I was dithering on it a bit because I don't know if I'll use it enough to make it worthwhile. If having them makes me happy though, then that's good. A couple of hours after I bought them the price wet back up to £10 more, I'm taking it as a sign I made a good decision hehe. I was looking at some stamps too, I love Debbi Moore's Art Deco ladies! They used some of her pictures in the TV demo and they really were pretty. Speaking of pretty things, this picture is one of the examples of what you can do with the pens:

I know it's a long shot, but do any of you crafty-type people know where I can get this stamp or who designed it so I can track it down myself? I love it, it's so cute. I've had to restrain myself so I didn't go completely nuts buying stamps on eBay, it's all very tempting.

To keep all this on topic I'd like to say I kicked ass on the treadmill last night, and as soon as I've made a new playlist on my phone I plan to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you happy, isn't a vice, and keeps your hands busy so you can't eat, then I say, money well spent. :D

    Happy Thursday, Thursday's child! Congrats on treadmilling it!

    ReplyDelete