Pages

Monday, 1 August 2011

STSC Results - Week 8


No official weigh-in this week. I weighed myself this morning and it had gone down very slightly, but still well up on my last check in.

I got up this morning and got on the treadmill. I only did two miles and then dad and step-mum's dad (step-grandfather? He's visiting from Ukraine, staying with us for three months doing a lot of jobs around the house) arrived to do some work in the garage. I have a thing about exercising in front of people so I left it there. I'm toying with the idea of going back out tonight though, maybe have shorter workouts but do them before and after work? Except tomorrow I have a driving lesson before work so I guess it will have to be the evening only, I'm still working out the kinks. Speaking of kinks, I can feel the use I made of my legs today and yesterday, should have done some stretching!

I'm hoping the exercise will help me smash the scale this week, but I'm also trying to stay realistic so I don't lose it when I don't see any movement. Every time I've ever starting exercising properly it's taken a week or so for my body to adapt to it and let go of the weight. I have a tendency to freak out when this happens.If When that happens, someone please give me a cyber-slap and remind me I foresaw this.

7 comments:

  1. I'll remember to remind you if you freak, k? :) But I don't think you'll need to. A week will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If weighing throws you, don't weigh. We tend to place too much importance on that number. If you are doing the right things, weight will come off; it has to. Sometimes we need to know and sometimes we don't. You'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have one of those cards? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I like the card. Except I want one that says, "Get out of FAT free." LOL unfortunately, that doesn't come for free, no matter what anyone says!!
    Hang in there, and don't worry about the scale, focus on your behavior and eventually the scale will fall into line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have said this before, but I only weigh in about once a month or so. I eat well and exercise. I know I am doing most everything right, plus I can feel the difference. Maybe think about weighing in less often.

    Here is to another strong week! michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have said that before, but as I said I find the scale a big part of my motivation, and generally (certain times aside) am OK with it. It does keep me on track 99%, but sometimes that 1% will get you and I just didn't need the downer , so I skipped it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before and after work workouts will probably help you feel better and just put everything into perspective. You can do this and really if weighing in upsets you, don't. Just let that ride until you're ready. Your clothes will tell you how things are going.
    Take care and have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete