Pages

Friday, 30 September 2011

At last!

Almost two weeks into the challenge it's about time I was able to write this: I completely rocked today.

Lunch: Bowl of Covent Garden 'Souper Greens' soup, piece of toast, grapes, banana

Afternoon snack: Ginger Nut Crunch granola bar

Dinner: 2 Quorn Sausages, a mixture of butternut squash, red onion and red bell pepper that I oven roasted with some herbs, then finished off in a pan mixed with a little sun-dried tomato paste, and some asparagus. For dessert I had a peach.


That's 8 portions of fruit and veg AND I went and did my walking. I even left my bag at home so that I had no way of giving in to temptation and buying anything. I told my family to eat without me so I could walk straight after work, then made my own dinner after I got back. They eat around 17:30-ish and it tends to mean I'm hungry again in the evening. I'm hoping my eating later will mean I can stop the midnight munchies I have such a problem with. I'm currently on 1100 calories so I have a little leeway if I get desperate.

I usually try to not post twice a day because generally anything new I have to say in the last 12 hours can wait for tomorrow, but I was excited about this, so I figured why not every once in a while.

6 comments:

  1. That plate looks awesome! I would have thought that butternut squash would have a lot of calories (I know it does the way I fix it-smothered in butter and brown sugar).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I did something similar with sausges and butternut squash earlier in the week and it was yummy! I think it will be on the menu a lot while squash is in season :)
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Sounds like you really had a successful day. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! It feels so good to have a successful day on program!

    ReplyDelete