Pages

Monday, 12 September 2011

Just Do It

How much did I absolutely not want to exercise today? Why, a lot! Thanks for asking.

Seriously, I was up earlier that usual (er, that is - in the morning) because I had some training to do at work, than had work itself, then it was shepherd's pie for tea so all I really wanted to do was slump somewhere. I didn't exercise yesterday (which is fine), so it meant that I had to today. I always have a problem with non-exercise days, it's a fight to get back up and start again. I had the last episode of True Blood downloaded and a new book on my Kindle, both of which were calling me. Finally I made a deal with myself that I could have them after I'd gone out to the garage and worked out.

I was also dragging my feet because the treadmill is still non-operational, which means I got on the air-walker for half an hour instead. Turns out, I don't really like the air-walker. Ours is kind of a crappy one, so you can't change resistance, I miss knowing how far I'm going in distance, and it doesn't sweat me out the way the treadmill does, so I don't feel like I'm being challenged as much using it. I simply don't enjoy it very much. It's what I have to work with though, so I guess it's a case of suck it up and live with it for now. Tomorrow's exercise will be the supermarket loop, so I won't need to use the machine at least. Still, enough moaning, I'm glad I got it done. Calories were juuuust within limits today, but only just, so it was a good idea to burn a few.

I hope everyone is having a healthy week, and if you're not then don't give up! Make your next decision better than your last. My Christmas Challenge is still open for joiners, so take a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Hello ! Found you via Princess Dieter. I signed up to join you in the challnege you are hosting. Looking forward to getting to know you.

    Glad that you got in your workout !

    ReplyDelete