Pages

Monday, 17 October 2011

Challenge Check in, Week 4

Sorry for not being around this week, and for not checking in on everyone's blogs. The first few days I redecorated my room and didn't want my laptop around as I stripped wallpaper and painted in case I got anything on it. The last few days I spent in a holiday resort in Skegness with my mum and family because it was my mum's 50t birthday, and though I took my laptop so I could update, there was no wifi access on site.

Food was bad, let's get that out the way right now. Most places to eat there some kind of fast food, and I didn't try to make good choices. Oddly though, mentally I'm in a better place now then I was at the end of last week, even though physically I feel significantly fatter. I say 'feel' because my scale decided to do the merciful thing and through up gibberish and err messages when I stepped on it, apparently it needs a new battery.

On the plus side, I want to go downstairs and eat vegetables and other things that were grown in the earth, it's significant how much worse not eating good stuff makes you feel. Even when I'm binging on bad stuff, I tend to have my 5 a day and things, so it was odd not to.

I hope everyone's week went well! Thank you for all the comments last time, I really was feeling like a failure and the reassurance helped. I'll try and be more supportive to you all in turn this week.


11 comments:

  1. My week, not so good. In fact, I'm kind of feeling like you did last week. But we can do this! Small steps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know why I always get that small x after my name, but it happens every week!!
    Skegness.....wow that brings back memories from a long time ago, think there used to be a Butlins there.....now I'm showing my age. Glad you had a great holiday, it's always difficult to be "good" on holiday, there's always temptations and eating out all the time, so don't beat yourself up, just jump back on the wagon and move right along. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do well this week either. Next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're back on track now and that's all that matters. You started this wonderful challenge and I know you'll finish it. I'm glad you enjoyed your family and your holiday. This journey is about life and you lived it well. Only 10 weeks until Christmas! There's still time to get some awesome results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey at least you know to go back to those veggies...You know what works, and you know what doesn't. Being away on a vacation is so hard to not let yourself indulge. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing - it is part of real life. However, it is what you do upon your return that matters most. Do you continue with the bad choices or go back to making healthy ones?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what Rochelle said. She's a gem :)

    Hope your Mom had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it takes eating food that's not good for us to remind us why we aren't eating it anymore. So now you're back on track and focusing on last week or even yesterday won't do anything good for you. Just focus on the right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish you lots of strength to stay strong this week. It's not easy, but we can do it. 10 more weeks to go and it's Christmas. Isn't that shocking?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet the room will look really nice and we too were at a resort this past week and the food challenge was hard to deal with there too. I did come home with a loss of weight at my weighin but don't want to have to do this again soon. They need a healthy eating resort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your week is better.

    Maybe focus on one thing this week: like tracking or exercise. Sometimes that really works for me.

    ReplyDelete