Pages

Monday, 7 November 2011

Challenge check in week 7

Hello Comrades. I understand last week some of you were buried under a freak snow event, is that still the case this week? Hope you're all staying warm.

I failed my driving test. FML. So many countries have joke tests where all you have to do is start the car, go to the end of the road and turn around, why couldn't I live in one of those? I have another one booked for December 2nd, but if I there is a cancellation closer I'll take it.

Weight-wise I'm up. I was doing fine (weight was the same as last week) until literally this morning, owing to the fact that I ate more bread yesterday than any reasonable person should ever. So my weigh in today is 231.6, that's +0.6. I walked twice, once on Saturday to the library, and once yesterday to the store, which is not the three times I was aiming for, but is a damn sight better than the big fat zero I had clocked up on Friday night.

Enough about me, what about you? Check in below!


10 comments:

  1. We all have bad weeks. You will be able to do better again, don't worry. And the good thing is, that we are here to encourage you. You can do it. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the driving test. Yes, British driving tests can be brutal...I failed my first one too....second time a charm!
    Keep your chin up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the driving test. You'll get it next time! Hope next week goes better for you. Don't give up and keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that driving test. We don't have to take them once we get our license. However, it would probably be better if we did have to--there are some BAD drivers around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this city particularly I took my behind the wheel when I was 8 months pregnant in 1988. My California one just expired. If it had not, I would not had to take a test at all. My last test was in 1975 before that. Never had to have one since. I told the lady who tested me that I obviously was about to have a baby and my husband was gone most the week at the Test sites in the Air Force. I might be driving myself to the hospital. We went around the block. I was so surprised I did not have to do any parking or anything. If they think it is an age thing that makes a bad driver...they have not met my sister. LOL. She drives ok, but in a situation she might just close her eyes and scream. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about the driving test. What a disappointment for you. I'd just blame that 0.6+ on the weight of disappointment and look forward to a new week to re-focus and prepare for your next SUCCESSFUL exam. Maybe walking off the frustration a little each day will help, too. I hope you have a much better week this week in all ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG your test is really elaborate. They did a pretty thorough course when I was 16 oh it was 1974. It was not like your test. But it is sad that I never had to retake the behind the wheel unless my license expired and I moved to a different state. We were just talking about how the tests are easy once you pass a certain age. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your driving test, and the gain :( Sending lots of good voodoo your way and fingers crossed your next test will be the one.
    Hang in there,
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Driving tests are so nerve-wracking! Hope the next time you get through with flying colors! The gain is no fun either (I know from personal experience - ha!) but we still have a bit of time left before Christmas and I think we all can do this!!! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an award waiting for you on my blog. See post labeled "My Very First Time"

    ReplyDelete