Pages

Monday, 28 November 2011

Week 10 Check In

So sorry everyone!

I've had a bit of a busy day, coupled with intermittent Internet problems, and I just completely forgot about putting the check in up! As oppose to when I just wish I could forget about it;). Actually, the Internet connection is fine, but my wireless adapters have decided to have a tantrum, which makes me think I need a new laptop. Ideally I could ask for one for Christmas, but I don't think I can go the month without mine.

How was every body's Thanksgiving? That was this week for American's right? I hope you all had a lovely time and got some bargains in the sales. Things have been OK here, I had a driving lesson (test on Friday - merp), and I got through to the next stage of my Disney English application to go teach English in China for a year. I have a Skype interview with them on Wednesday (assuming my Internet lasts that long - I DON'T NEED THIS EXTRA PRESSURE). It's kind of long, they said leave 60 minutes? I assumed it would go: online application, Skype interview, face to face interview, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the logistics of interviewing worldwide just mean they use the Internet. When I did the International programme at the Florida theme park I had to go to their head office in London to have my face to face, but that involves a lot more people I would think. Guess I'll find out? I've also just (about 10 minutes ago) finished a mock exam for my book-keeping course and I got 95%! Now if only I can do that on exam day.

So many things to freak out about, so little time!


9 comments:

  1. I know all about internet problems and cranky wireless adapters. My connection often disappears at the most inopportune moments. Good luck with your application!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your interview and your driving test on Friday....keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that seems like an awful lot to go through. Hope they'll be paying you tons of money after all this! LOL

    I think you'll do even better than 95% on exam day! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck for this coming week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done many interviews in the past for various candidates for positions at the college where I teach. They are usually 60 minutes or more. SO, don't be surprised if it takes that long. My suggestion would be to have a good internet connection when you interview even if you have to use someone else's. If the Skype interview is your opportunity to shine then you want to be sure there is no hitch with your connection. You know, put your best foot forward. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all goes well with you on the internet problems and with the interview. I also hope you get a new laptop, that would be a nice Christmas present. Have a good week my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late here because I haven't been able to comment on blogs at all. Don't know why, but I hope this comment works. Anyway, good luck with the interview and the bookkeeping test. You've got a lot of positive energy happening in your life right now. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, I just read about your application to teach English in China. Cool! Where will you go? Which city? Write me an email> jenniferdebraun@gmail.com. I hope, to get to know you in person soon!!!

    ReplyDelete