Pages

Monday, 14 November 2011

Week 8 Check In

God, is it that time again? I won't be weighing in this week as I'm on my period (again, it feels like I always am sometimes).

This week has flown by as per usual, but the feeling has probably been mad worse due to the fact that everyone has been running around putting out fires (so to speak) at work. I work in quite a small company, and we found out beginning of last week that one of the engineers (a recently hire who has been working with us for a couple of months) has basically not been going to sites properly. Instead he's been driving to most sites (still missing a few) and stopping at them for a few seconds before moving on, then forging the results he's supposed to collect (thinking that the tracker on the van only shows a map of where he's been, rather than all the times it actually shows). Going through the paperwork it looks like he started doing it pretty much as soon as he finished his training (so once he was left alone), caused pandemonium, so we're having to sort out revisiting a load of sites.

We miiight have got through the worse now, assuming the plan for this week goes smoothly and the person dad hired last week to replace the guy is OK. Honestly though, in this economy who would throw away a perfectly good job right before Christmas when your girlfriend has a baby on the way? It's been a little stressful anyway.

But that's not what your here for! How did weigh in go? You know the drill, so here's the linky:


7 comments:

  1. Some people just don't have a very good work ethic! I've never understood it myself as I was raised to have very strong work ethics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comment above. It makes it very tough though when folks do not do what they were hired to do.

    Hope you have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the work problems. Hope this next week is much better. Keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this all works out! Hubs' family owned a nursery/landscape business for about 50 years (until my SIL ran it into the ground but that's a whole other story) and they were always running into this kind of employee. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The choices and actions of some people truly amaze me - like your coworker who was blessed to have a job and so abused that blessing. I hope you have a better week, too. I had to "dump" some aggravation in my blog, too, and it does feel good to be able to vent without cricism or judgement. Keep the faith and we can still be a little bit closer to our goal this holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had passed on the weigh-in this week too . I was down a pound but it was far less than what I wanted. Here's to another week ahead - with better results!! Hopefully your job will not drive you too insane...keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first day in the 'real' air force as a reservist I learned what was called "pencil whipping". It was 4 pm and the day ended at 4:30 pm. My husband to be (i had no idea at the time) was in charge. He sent me and Airman TJ on a job to check for a crack in a KC 135 engine. TJ bitched all the way and said "I ain't doing this. Him sending me out on a stupid job and not turning it over to swing shift." OMg I was new. She looked at the engine and did NOT perform the test and said to me as she filled out the paper work, "This is what you call pencil whipping". It is sad that there are people like that. Even sadder when it is critical work. Sad as well that she thought to pass that on right away to a trainee. I told my Sgt in charge (husband to be I did not know at the time) in confidence. Yes, I married the boss LOL.

    ReplyDelete