Pages

Monday, 21 November 2011

Week 9 Check in

Sorry this is late! I wrote the rest of this post earlier and thought I had posted it, but just went to check the links and saw it in my drafts. Sidenote: Does anyone know what has happened to E.Jane? Her blog has been deleted :( Crisis averted :).

I was toying with the idea of pulling out of the challenge since having to buy a new dress, not stopping the challenge (you're all doing so well!), but not taking part. Then I thought about it and now I think it would be pretty shoddy of me to do that, even if I doing terribly. It's kind of hypocritical of me to tell people to keep trying and do their best if I blow the whole thing off myself. So here I am. Weight is up 2 pounds from week before last, but down 4 from TOM weigh in, so I suppose how good/bad I did depends on your perspective.

I was reading Michele's post yesterday and it galvanised me into trying to oil the treadmill, hoping against hope that that was all it needed. It wouldn't even pretend to work for a while after, it just sat there moaning. I think the motor is well and truly burnt out. The weather is getting cold, and very dark very early here (dark at 16:30 before I leave work dark), so I'm really not doing much exercise at all. Excuses excuses I know, but you'd be amazed how hard it is to motivate yourself with it.

Work is very quiet today, but all the paperwork we sent out last week for revisits will be coming back on Friday, and will all need to be processed and turned that same day to get them out for regular visits in time, so things will be absolutely manic.

But enough about me...


6 comments:

  1. Hi, it's E. Jane.

    My blog is no longer deleted. I also had surgery on my arm and shoulder, but I am typing left-handed, and it's going better than I had anticipated. My blog was deleted, because there are privacy issues with a difficult extended family member, and I had some concerns. I still have concerns, but decided I don't want to delete my blog. I will post my link and update my weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's up, Z. But you know there is still a month to go. A lot can happen in a month. Focus. It's hard for a lot of us at different times, easy at other times...but you just plug on. That's all we can do. And in my experience, when people just...stop focusing..the weight comes on AWFUL EASILY. Scarily easily. So, glad you didn't ditch it. Keep going, babe. The dress awaits.

    (I had one challenger just up and delete her blog. I still worry, cause while it may just be "oh, I'm tired of this stupid challenge/diet thing", it might be serious, too.)

    Later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are having such a hard time with the challenge. Don't give up though, you can change something today - one small change at a time that you can live with the rest of your life can make a huge difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, but quitting is not allowed! LOL Just take it one day at a time. That's all any of us can do. You'll get there. We all will. We just have to make up our minds and do it! Stick with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are not quitting, too. This is one of THE most important things you are doing or need to do for yourself. The dress is only one incentive~it is your life that should be the biggest. You are so young~just think if you can really get a handle on fitness and good health you will reap the rewards for years and years to come. It is HARD, but you can do it. You can!! Like emptynester said: just take one day at a time.

    I hope that tread mill is a go! Take good care of yourself~you are really worth your efforts. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele is always inspiring, isn't she?
    I have a treadmill that is BURIED right now - we are remodeling a room and all of my equipment is incapacitated. I hope over the holidays I can uncover it and get going. I need a boost! Sorry to hear you are struggling. You are not alone...
    Glad you are not dropping out - we love hearing from you - good or bad!

    ReplyDelete