Pages

Friday, 20 January 2012

I'm here, I'm here

I had a bit of bad news this week regarding China, my application to the Labour Bureau was rejected for some reason, so Disney have to reapply for it. This means they've had to push my start date back by two weeks. I know it's not their fault but I'm quite pissed about it, I was ready to go on the 9th and now I'll have to wait until the 23rd. It also means the awesome seat I some how managed to bag on the plane (bulkhead aisle, nice and roomy for the legs) will now be lost, and I won't be paid until six weeks after I get there instead of two (because I'm now arriving after the 15th of the month). I finish work the end of this month regardless so that's income I'm losing, along with practical concerns like the fact that I'd canceled my mobile phone with the Feb 9th date in mind and things. I'm also worried now that the second application won't go through, meaning it'll get pushed back again. I don't want to have to change cities because I missed the arrival slot for a particular centre.

Aside from that the week has been OK. I've made it to the gym every single day this week, so that's good. I saw a drop on the scales right after I started (nothing massive, just a couple of pounds) but nothing since. That's pretty normal for me though, whenever I start a regular exercise routine it takes my body a bit of time to adjust before I see the results on the scale, so hopefully I'll see a bigger drop on the scales at some point in the next week when my body finally catches up.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the set back with China. Great news on being a gym rat. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad, sorry to here about China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about the set back to China, surely it will be all taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to China with all their paperwork and all the things that sometimes work out and often don't. I'm afraid I have to warn you on being more flexible. Life in China is not so structured as you are used to in the States. It's very annoying, but it's normal here. Every year when we have to renew our visa, we are so relieved, when it's through and we can think about other things again for 11 months (until you have to apply for your visa again).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's red tape for ya!!!
    Sorry about the snaffoo.....is that spelt right...who cares!...anyway hope it gets sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry things have hit a bit of red tape, I hope it all gets fixed. Sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete