Pages

Monday, 17 September 2012

Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye

The last day at our centre has been survived and it's over! The new place isn't quite ready though so they've give us until next Monday off while things are finished. Given that we get all of 5 vacation days a year, it's an unexpected bonus. I went  and had a look inside the new building yesterday with a few other people, it's looking really nice!

A friend and I are considering getting a last minute flight out to Shenzhen and then a bus over the border to Hong Kong so we can go to Hong Kong Disney. Our silver passes came through a month or so ago as part of our employee benefits, so it will be free to get in. Flights to Shenzhen are much cheaper (about half) of that to Hong Kong because Shenzhen is still a domestic flight, whereas Hong Kong is international. The bus will only take an hour and a half to get us there though, so it's for the best. I looked into it a little and it looks like we'll be able to get flights and hotels for around £250 total, so estimating how much I'll spend aside from that I may be able to pay for the whole trip out of the money I have in my bank now rather than dipping into my savings. We'll have to see how much my bills come up to tomorrow though.

We haven't made plans yet as I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but I'm meeting her to go pay our rent and bills tomorrow so we can discuss it then. Hopefully we can get something sorted out quickly. If so I need to nip to Walmart on the way back and buy a new little suitcase as I only have the giant one I brought with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment