Thursday, 4 October 2012

Back to work, but not quite

Well, we were supposed to be back to our centre doing demos today, but upon my arrival I learned that we'd failed our fire safety inspection (possibly because of the masses of boxes blocking our fire escape at the time?) so we're not allowed to start them. Instead of demos tomorrow we'll be doing parent tours of our new centre so they have a chance to resolve some of their concerns about moving, but the lack of certificate means we can't start teaching this weekend like we'd planned. Quite what this is going to do to our teaching schedule hasn't been decided yet by the higher-ups, but there's only so many lessons we can condense and still teach all our content, so we're hoping for an answer soon. Right now the idea is that we start teaching Thursday, though whether that comes to fruition or not is anybody's guess. Hopefully the right bribe will have been paid to the right person by then.

Three trainers have quit suddenly at the other centre which has left a lot of us concerned as to how it's going to affect us. Technically, according to our learner numbers, we have too many trainers for our centre, so I think they're looking into seeing who is willing to transfer, but I really don't want to at all. Fingers crossed it doesn't become an issue for me, I'm uncertain at this point how forceful the 'request' will be, or if it will even be extended to me. While we may have too many trainers, we scheduled our classes assuming all the trainers we have, so to pull multiple pairs out now would take some creative rearranging to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment